Benefits Of Yoga For Mental Health
Yoga brings about behavioural transformations of a human being without any therapy.
1. Positive virtues are implanted in place of negative traits. This brings out an overall enhancement in their personality.
2. Yoga enables a person to control their mind and to have an economy of thoughts.
3. Practice Yoga makes an individual broad minded as well. One may also receive the power of decision and clarity of thinking through yoga. Greater connection between the body and mind allows one to acquire the power to distinguish between right and wrong, just as an experienced teacher can easily distinguish between times when a pupil lies or hides the truth.
4. Yoga also develops endurance and tolerance in humans which helps pass through hardships relatively easier than those who do not practise it.
5. A true yogi develops in himself the spirit of cooperation. This is a great achievement because if everyone gives a little finger, the society could lift great mountains. Evidently, these powers are not only of personal benefit but are necessary for building a good society.