YOGA POSES TO EASE WORK STRESS
Here are certain simple but effective yoga poses that you can perform by sitting on your chair.
1. Chair forward bend
Sitting forward bend is a calming yoga pose that helps to relieve stress and mild depression. It can also relieve headaches and insomnia.
- While sitting on a chair, keep feet hip-width apart and bring them flat on the floor.
- Bend forward while interlacing your fingers behind your back.
- Now, rest the chest on the thighs, drop your head and neck down to relax.
- Hold the pose and exhale.
2. Seated cow and cat stretch
Also known as marjaryasana bitilasana, a seated variation of cat-cow pose brings great relief to the entire back.
- Sit on a chair with feet flat on the ground, placing both hands on knees.
- Inhale and arch the back in a cow pose, open the chest and look in your front.
- With an exhale, round the back in the cat pose and drop forward, with your chin touching your chest.
- Repeat slowly.
3. Chair eagle arms
This pose gives your arms and shoulders a good stretch. In fact, it stretches the joints of the wrist and elbows as well. Plus, it opens up the chest and shoulders.
- Sit comfortably on a chair, keep your back straight and relax your arms and shoulders.
- Cross right leg over left leg, and bring your hands together with elbows close to each other.
- Place your left arm to your right, pressing the backs of your palms together and inhale.
- Hold the pose for several breaths and repeat with the right arm over the left.
4. Neck rolls
This yoga pose is designed to reduce stress, and is helpful when it comes to stretching the spine and hamstring. But you should avoid this pose, if you have high blood pressure or eye issues
- Sit on a chair, keeping your back straight and neck long.
- Drop your chin down to your chest and slowly start moving your neck in a circular motion.
- Don’t hurry, while moving your neck.
- Perform five rolls and then switch the direction.