If you can’t touch your toes, here are five things it says about you and your body:
1. It shows that your hamstrings are tight because of fascia.
2. It tells that your hip muscle is not at all flexible, and you can have aches in the lower part of your body, especially if you have a sedentary job.
3. It also means tight lumbar extensors.
4. Sadly, it also means your belly is becoming an obstruction, because there is too much fat.
5. It shows that you are hardly active in your daily routine.
“Do you know that even studies have indicated that actively focusing on touching the toes for 30 seconds or 1 minute a day is enough to lengthen hamstring muscles in 4 weeks? And it is not like you do it for a day and that’s it. Consistent practice and effort is needed for this practice to increase flexibility,” reveals yoga expert Ms Pinisetti.