Table of Contents
3 yoga stretches you can practice if you have knee or back pain
The latest glimpse into her health routine gives out 3 yoga stretches that can be done to strengthen and improve the flexibility of the spine and the back muscles. These are also helpful for the digestive system.
Parvatasana is an asana for stretching the spine laterally (upward). Also called the mountain posture, its benefits include stability and strength.
How to do parvatasana?
* After inhaling, bend to the right while keeping your head between your arms.
* Without moving below the waist, let the spine to arch sideways.
* Immediately after breathing out, in 3 seconds, return to the centre position.
* To finish one round, inhale for three seconds, then move to the left.
2. Utthita Parsvakonasana
The extended side angle pose or Utthita Parsvakonasana is one of the asanas used in contemporary yoga exercises. This pose enables the groin, spine, waist and shoulders to get amply stretched. The chest and lungs are expanded, and the abdominal organs are stimulated. It also benefits, strengthens, and extends the legs, knees and ankles. So, this yoga asana is best if you want to stretch and strengthen your body.
Bharadvajasana is a modern yoga pose that involve twisting. This twisting pose should be avoided during pregnancy.
How to do Bharadwajasana?
* Put your right hand on your back and place your left hand beneath your right knee with your fingers pointing back toward your knee.
* Exhale while twisting your torso and keeping your left sitting bone heavy.
* Inhale to stretch your spine.
* Once more turning from your torso, cast your sight to the right.