Table of Contents
Yoga for stroke recovery
Yoga is more about our body and mind connection, which is why it can greatly help in stroke recovery (health benefits of yoga). So, coming to yoga asanas that can help to improve and recover from stroke. Here are some of the asanas that Mehta recommends.
• Sit in kneel down position then inhale.
• Slowly bring your hands down towards your heels or simply keep your hands behind your back.
• Exhale, bring your head down and then relax.
2. Setu Bandhasana
• Lie down on your back and fold your legs at shoulder level distance.
• Inhale and lift your chest and back up then exhale and slowly come down.
• Lie down on your stomach and keep your hands next to your chest.
• Inhale, arch your back, straighten your hands, with your shoulders back and hold. Exhale then come back.
• Sit with your legs straight.
• Inhale and stretch your hands up and then exhale and bend forward.