YOGA ASANAS FOR MOTHERS TO BOOST THEIR HEALTH
Here are 4 yoga asanas all mothers can do to boost their health:
- Begin by standing in Samasthithi.
- Exhale and gently bend your upper body, dropping your head and keeping your shoulders and neck relaxed.
- Bring your trunk closer to the legs. Try to touch the knees with the forehead.
- When you are bending forward, attempt to move your torso from the hip joints, instead of the waist.
- Place the palms on either side of feet.
- Try to keep the legs and knees straight throughout the practice. If you are a beginner, you may have to bend your knees slightly to accomplish this.
- With practice, slowly straighten your knees and try to touch your chest to your thighs.
- Hold this asana for a while.
2. Baddha Konasana
- Begin by getting into the Dandasana.
- Fold your legs and bring the soles of your feet together.
- Pull your heels closer to your pelvis.
- Gently push your knees down.
- Empty all the air from your stomach, lean your upper body forward and place your forehead on the floor.
- Sit into a deep, low squat. Spread your feet wide and toes pointing at an outward angle.
- The back should be kept straight.
- Lift up your arms, bringing them parallel to your shoulders.
- Bend them at the elbow and open your palms up to the sky.
4. Murcha Pranayam
- Sit in any comfortable pose (such as Sukhasan, Ardhapadmasan or Padmasana).
- Straighten your back and close your eyes.
- Place your palms on your knees in Prapthi Mudra.
- Bend your head forward and reach your chin towards your chest.
- Inhale through your nose and fill your lungs with air.
- Lift your head, take it behind and rest your head on your shoulders.
- Open your mouth without breathing out.
- Retain your breath for as long as possible.
- After you have held the breath for a while, close your mouth, bend your head forward, reach your chin towards your chest and breathe out.