HOW TO GET RID OF ALLERGIES HOLISTICALLY USING BHRAMARA MUDRA
How to practice bhramara mudra:
Perform bhramara mudra by following the given instructions and time duration, and enjoy its health benefits.
To practice bhramara yoga mudra, bend the index fingers of both hands to place them at the bottom of the thumb. This is followed by placing the tip of the thumb on the middle fingernail and extending the ring and little fingers.
Benefits of bhramara mudra
- Bhramara mudra is mostly beneficial to get rid of allergies like skin rashes, red patches, body itching, sneezing, etc.
- Prevents and treats common cold, running nose, tonsillitis, hay fever, etc.
- Gets rid of mucus or congestion in the sinuses or lungs. Thus, it alleviates obstructive respiratory ailments like bronchitis and asthma.
- Improves the strength of the immune system.
- Benefits those who suffer from itching or watering eyes.
- Bhramara mudra also increases the concentration power of the brain.
- Sit in a comfortable posture, either on the yoga mat or a chair.
- Rest your hands on thighs, keeping the palms facing upward.
- Curl both the index fingers and place its tip on the thumbs’ root.
- Slightly bend the middle finger to keep the tip of the thumb onto the side of the middle fingernail.
- Extend the ring and little fingers outward.
- Take deep and steady breaths.
- Besides sitting posture, it can be performed while standing, reclining, or walking.
Holding bhramara mudra in the early morning hours is beneficial. Include it into your regular practice especially changing weathers, like autumn and spring.
Word of advice
- Avoid the intake of any dairy products, viz, milk, yogurt, etc. if the aim behind your practice is to prevent allergies.
- Children under the age of 12 are not advised to practise it.