TIPS ON HOW TO DO STANDING FORWARD BENDING POSE
It’s time to learn the correct way to do standing forward bending pose
- Begin by standing straight.
- Exhale and gently bend your upper body, dropping your head and keeping your shoulders and neck relaxed.
- Bring your trunk closer to the legs. Try to touch the knees with the forehead. This may require a lot of flexibility. If you are just starting out, go only as far as it is comfortable.
- When you are folding forward, attempt to move your torso from the hip joints, instead of the waist.
- Place palms on either side of your feet.
- Try to keep the legs and knees straight throughout the practice. If you are a beginner, you may have to bend your knees slightly to accomplish this.
- With practice, slowly straighten your knees and try to touch your chest to your thighs
- Hold this asana for a while
To start this practice, you can do 20 reps and four sets. After a while, you can increase the number of reps as per your convenience.
Heads-up from Grand Master Akshar
Avoid this pose completely if you have recently had either a back, knee or hamstring surgery. Do not perform this asana if there has been a recent injury to your legs, hips, back, or shoulders.