TIPS ON HOW TO PROPERLY DO PLANK EXERCISE:
Do the plank exercise right
In the first part of her reel, she can be seen demonstrating how to do the plank in the correct way. To get started:
- First, ensure that your form is correct and your shoulders, glutes and entire leg area is active. Begin in a tabletop position. Align the knees under your hips and your shoulders over your wrists. Press your hands into the floor and step one foot back at a time, bringing your torso parallel to the floor.
- Then, remember to keep your back in a neutral position and your core should be engaged. Spread the chest open, draw the tailbone down, lift the thighs, and reach back through the legs. Reach the head forward and gaze softly towards the floor.
- As a good practice, check if your elbows are under the shoulders or not to reach an optimal form. Allow the arms to remain perpendicular to the floor with the shoulders aligned over wrists. Press your outer arms inward and spread your shoulder blades wide.
Common mistakes to avoid while doing the plank exercise
In the second part of her reel, she asks her followers to be careful of common mistake that one tend to make while doing plank pose as it could lead to injuries. These include:
- Bringing the bum up or not keeping it aligned to your back.
- Extending the back to tweak the alignment of your form, which could cause lower back pain.
- Moving the elbows ahead or back which will strain the shoulder.