Pampering your hair with a hair mask made out of all-natural ingredients can be intensely nourishing for your hair. This will help it to recover quicker and also offer further strength and protection. So, here are “hair-saving” masks and conditioners you can easily whip up at your home to protect, prevent, and relieve your hair from damage:
1. Coconut Oil and Honey Mask
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix the coconut oil and honey in a bowl until well combined.
- Apply the mixture to dry hair, paying extra attention to the ends.
- Leave it on your hair for at least 30 minutes or overnight if you prefer.
- Rinse with water before swimming. The oil and honey create a protective layer on your hair.
Coconut oil and honey are both great moisturizers and nourishing for the hair. Additionally, honey is also known to be a natural antibacterial and antioxidant agent that offers healthier, softer, and shinier hair.
2. Aloe Vera And Olive Oil Mask
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Combine the aloe vera gel and olive oil in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, distributing it evenly.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes before swimming.
- Rinse with water to ensure your hair is well-hydrated.
Aloe vera and olive oil masks offer excellent hydration and scalp-soothing effects. Aloe vera is a natural medicinal and nourishing plant that combats infections as well as maintains skin integrity. Olive oil is a deep moisturizing and antioxidant ingredient that protects the hair from damage and may be used as a remedy for split hair and hair loss.
3. Avocado And Banana Mask
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- Mash the avocado and banana together to create a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, focusing on the ends.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly before swimming. This mask provides moisture and protection.
An avocado and banana mask is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, promoting overall hair health and potentially reducing dryness and split ends. Banana is a healthy reservoir of potassium, natural oils, flavonoids, and vitamins that provide deep hydration and nourishment to the hair shaft and scalp skin, leaving it smoother and more manageable.