Here are 7 things you must not do if you want to reduce period pain:
1. Avoid excessive caffeine: Limit your intake of caffeine found in coffee, tea, and energy drinks. Caffeine can increase tension and may worsen period symptoms.
2. Reduce alcohol consumption: Alcohol can contribute to dehydration and inflammation, potentially intensifying menstrual discomfort. It’s best to limit or avoid alcohol during your period.
3. Minimise salt intake: Excessive salt consumption can lead to water retention and bloating, amplifying menstrual discomfort. Try to reduce your salt intake during this time.
4. Avoid smoking: Smoking is known to exacerbate period symptoms. Quitting smoking or avoiding exposure to secondhand smoke can help alleviate menstrual pain.
5. Don’t skip meals: Maintain regular eating patterns and avoid skipping meals. Balanced meals provide essential nutrients and energy, contributing to overall well-being.
6. Limit processed and sugary foods: Processed and sugary foods can contribute to inflammation and bloating, intensifying period discomfort. Opt for healthier alternatives instead.
7. Don’t ignore your body’s needs: Listen to your body and rest when necessary. Pushing yourself too hard during menstruation can increase fatigue and discomfort.
So ladies, maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow these tips to manage your period pain and other symptoms of a menstrual cycle.