How to perform Anulom Vilom Pranayama?
The expert shares that our body has 3 primary energy channels – the right nostril represents solar heating energy/masculine, the left nostril represents lunar cooling energy/feminine, and the centre through which the prana flows, when 2 sides are in harmony. Anulom Vilom Paranyama balances the energy flow in both the nostrils and helps to activate the centre.
How to do Anulom Vilom?
• To do this, keep the spine straight, and make Pranav Mudra from the right hand.
• Using the right thumb, close the right nostril, and inhale from the left. Close your left nostril with your right finger, and exhale from the right.
• Inhale from the right again, and exhale from the left, this completes one round.
• Do 10-15 rounds at a time.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama
1. It balances masculine and feminine energy.
2. It purifies energy channels.
3. Slowly corrects autoimmune conditions, migraine, depression, epilepsy, anger, anxiety, laziness, and too much sleep issues.
4. It also helps in aura cleansing and spiritual awakening.