Steps On How to maintain skin health during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, hormonal fluctuations can trigger various skin concerns such as acne, hyperpigmentation increased oiliness, dryness, or increased sensitivity. However, with the right skincare routine, you can manage these skin problems.
To keep your skin glowing during pregnancy, follow these 3 steps:
1. Cleansing: Choose a gentle, soap-free cleanser that won’t strip your skin’s natural oils. Avoid products containing retinoids, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide, which are not recommended during pregnancy.
2. Moisturizing: Keep your skin hydrated with a non-comedogenic, fragrance-free moisturizer. Ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and ceramides can be beneficial.
3. Sun protection: Pregnancy can make the skin more sensitive to the sun, leading to hyperpigmentation or melasma, often referred to as the “mask of pregnancy.” To prevent this, apply a broad-spectrum, pregnancy-safe sun screen with at least SPF 30 every day, even on cloudy days. Wear protective clothing and avoid prolonged sun exposure, especially during peak hours.
Avoid these 3 things to maintain a pregnancy skin glow:
1. Cosmetic products: Cosmetic products can help enhance your natural beauty, but it’s essential to choose products free from harmful chemicals that could potentially be absorbed into your bloodstream.
2. Makeup: Look for pregnancy-safe makeup products that are free from parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances. Mineral makeup is often a safe choice as it contains fewer irritants.
3. Hair care products: Avoid hair dyes containing ammonia or other harsh chemicals, especially during the first trimester. Opt for plant-based or henna dyes as safer alternatives. Regular hair treatments like keratin treatments and chemical straightening should also be avoided.