11 BENEFITS OF SELF AWARENESS In 2023
Believe it or not, only about 10-15% of contemporary leaders are self-aware. Because many people were raised to avoid showing emotions, we tend to suppress negative emotions or ignore them.
The results of suppressing emotions are well-known, and these suppressed emotions lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and even disease.
As we have already mentioned, one of the best arguments for becoming more self-aware is that you can make sure that your actions align with the personal standards to which you hold yourself.
However, there are many other benefits to developing self-awareness.
- When we’re self-aware, we can influence our outcomes.
- Self-aware people are better at making decisions.
- When we’re self-aware, we have more confidence.
- With self-awareness, we can more effectively regulate our emotions.
- Self-awareness can free us from biases and assumptions.
- People who have high self-awareness communicate more clearly and intentionally.
- Self-awareness allows us to understand issues from several different perspectives.
- Self-aware individuals can build stronger relationships.
- When we are self-aware, we aren’t as impacted by stress and anxiety.
- When you practice mindfulness and become more self-aware, you can more easily practice greater self-control.
- Self-awareness leads to overall greater happiness in all areas of life.