Here’s what you have to do:
Step 1: Stand straight with your legs together.
Step 2: Now, go into a jumping jack position with your feet wide apart. Make sure your hands are laterally open on the sides.
Step 3: Instead of closing back your feet, get into a deep sumo squat and while coming up, bring your feet in.
Tip: Hands must either be on your waist or close to your sides.Repeat. That’s it!
Just ensure that you repeat the move at a fast pace to pump up your heart rate, which will ultimately increase your metabolism rate and lead to major weight loss.
If you are a beginner, you must do 25 reps of this move, take a 30-second break and start the next set. Four sets are good enough for you. All of you who are at an intermediate or advanced level can take this number to 50 to 100, take a 30-second break between each set, and do at least four sets.
Trust us! At the end of each set you will see the sweat dripping out like crazy. Try this one move for a week and notice the results.
Some tips that you must keep handy while doing this jumping jack variation
- Warm up is a must. Do a 10 minutes warm-up before starting these jumping jacks.
- Stretch your legs the most.
- Keep your core tight and engaged.
- Don’t rush while going into a sumo squat. Just check whether your feet are placed properly on the ground. Hold your stance and then get into it. After you do a set, you will get a hang of it and you can pace up things in the remaining sets.
- Don’t forget to breathe properly. Exhale while getting into a squat.
- If you want some extra kick, you can either wrap some extra weight on your wrist or around your ankle. But that’s not required, as this move is a super move in itself.
- During breaks, sip on some water, as this move is going to make you sweat like a pig.
“I hate burpees” excuse will no longer work, because you now have a better option than that.