How to handle malaria if you are affected
As per Dr Deswal, here are some tips on what to do when you’re affected by malaria:
* Consume a healthy and nutritious diet, which is rich in proteins and carbohydrates. Eat foods for quicker recovery.
* Avoid alcohol
* Stop smoking
* Don’t indulge in heavy or strenuous exercises
* Avoid further mosquito bites
* Wait for the fever to come down
There are various treatment options available when it comes to malaria, but it largely depends on three different factors. These are:
1. Type of parasite that may have affected you.
2. Severity of the disease
3. Special propositions like HIV, diabetes, pregnancy etc.
A person diagnosed with malaria can recover within 7-10 days upon receiving proper treatment. However, severe cases may take a longer time for recovery.
Check out a Health Shots video by Dr Vikas Deswal on Malaria 101!