India is the land of people who are protein deprived, says this study
Did you know that 63% of Indians consume insufficient protein in their diet? One of the striking highlights of a study conducted by Parag Milk Foods Ltd. (PMFL) states that people in top Indian cities lacked protein in their daily diet and are unaware of its lifestyle impacts such as hair loss, poor concentration, muscle loss, constant hunger, anaemia, low immunity, skin peel and ridges in nails, and polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD).
According to the study, 55% Indian kids have a protein-deficient diet. And this lack of protein in the daily diet of Indians is turning out to be one of the leading causes of lifestyle-related issues.
While Indians are increasingly turning towards a health-conscious lifestyle, Mumbaikars lead the way with only 47% of respondents found to consume a protein-deficient diet daily. Kolkata and Delhi followed suite respectively with 63% and 64% of participants consuming a protein-deficient daily diet. Surprisingly, the study found 76% of participants from Hyderabad were observed consuming protein-deficient daily diet, making the Hyderabad last in the list.
You think it’s not that big a deal? Well, think again as you can end up getting the following health issues
- 92% of people with a protein-deficient daily diet suffer from constant tiredness
- 88% of people with protein-deficient daily diet have irregular eating habits
- 68% of people with body ache and pain consume a protein-deficient daily diet
- 67% of people with low muscle mass consume a protein deficient daily diet
- 65% of people with low hemoglobin consume a protein-deficient daily diet
- 63% of people with hair loss consume a protein-deficient daily diet
- 37% of people with protein-deficient daily diet suffer from poor concentration
Now you know the reason why you always feel so exhausted.
Guess the reason for early hair loss and skin problems? Lack of protein it is
The study continues to highlight alarming findings such as 60% of participants under the age of 30 were consuming a protein-deficient daily diet. It also highlights that a whopping 97% of people under the age of 30 with a protein-deficient daily diet suffer from hair loss.
Well, here’s hoping that’s proof enough to convince you to take a protein-rich diet. In fact, you should make it mandatory. And if you are on a weight-loss mission then protein intake is going to be the key.