This article describes in detail how to Immigrate to Canada as a Secretary with or without a Job offer. There are thousands of Secretaries just like you emigrating to Canada next year. Find out how to join them. With the right Secretary skills, Canada Wants You!
If you’re looking to immigrate to Canada as a Secretary you’re in luck! Secretaries are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
Migrate to Canada as a Secretary
Every occupation on the Canada NOC List is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Canada as a Secretary is 1241. This is also known as the NOC Code for a Secretary.
No doubt you will have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process but as a Secretary, you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Secretaries are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program due to the demand for Secretaries in Canada being so great they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In Demand List).
The code for Secretaries on the NOC is under Administrative Assistants Code 1241
This is great news for Secretaries the world over hoping to live and work in Canada.
Express Entry for Canada is not a visa class at all, it is simply the method (or database) that Canadian Immigration uses to select the right candidates for a permanent residency visa and in that case, as a Secretary looking to immigrate to Canada we’ll be looking at the Federal Skilled Worker visa and Provincial Nominee program.
Secretaries from all over the world are eligible to make an Express Entry for Canada Residency providing they have the right skills, experience and qualifications in their home country.
Secretaries looking to move to Canada to work under this NOC category 1241, might be employed under work titles including:
- administrative assistant
- administrative assistant – office
- administrative secretary
- appointment secretary
- church secretary
- contracts secretary
- executive secretary (except legal and medical)
- finance secretary
- human resources secretary
- loans and grants administrative assistant
- office administrative assistant
- personal secretary
- private secretary
- recording secretary
- sales secretary
- school secretary
- secretary (except legal and medical)
- secretary, church
- secretary, school
- taxation service secretary
- technical secretary
All these roles held by a Secretary are eligible to apply under this specific NOC category of 1241.
Skills and Tasks to Immigrate to Canada as a Secretary.
Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- May organize conferences
Whilst the above is meant as a general guide do take our free online visa assessment for further information and be sure to list out your skills and qualifications in detail.
Emigrate Canada has a dedicated Office and Administrative Workers desk that only represents Office Based Workers to immigrate to Canada. They understand your profession and can talk your language when it comes to explaining your immigration pathway and the route to securing a Canada Visa for you (and your family).
Qualifications required to Immigrate to Canada as a Secretary
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college or another program for administrative assistants or secretaries or Previous clerical experience is required.
We represent Secretaries from all over the World so regardless of your country of qualification feel free to contact us today for a full breakdown of your Canadian Immigration chances.
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Secretary
The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System.
CRS Points are awarded for (amongst other things)
Your partner’s skills
As well as providing you with important CRS points these factors also count towards your overall Immigration Points score which must equal or exceed a total of 67
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to immigrate to Canada as a Secretary from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply) from Canadian Immigration as a result of your Express Entry application you’ll only have 60 days in which to lodge a formal application so under no circumstances should you lodge an Express Entry application ‘claiming’ to have certain points without first having all of your points verified through different testing, education equivalence certificates and skilled worker assessments.
Once you are invited to apply for your Canada Visa you cannot go back and have these things verified retrospectively, they must be done before you claim any points for them and given that your express entry profile is only valid for one year it makes sense to present the best possible case right from the start.
Before you lodge your express entry we will help you through the process of having your qualifications and certificates verified as required by immigration.