Signs of a heart attack
Some of the most common signs of a heart attack can include pain and discomfort in and around the chest or arms and shoulders, shortness of breath, uneasiness in the jaw, neck, back or upper abdomen, as well as a general feeling of weakness or fatigue. Nausea and vomiting are also heart attack symptoms people may feel.
People with comorbodities such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, obesity, physical inactivity, drinking and smoking, stress as well as existing heart conditions may be at a greater risk of heart attack.
So, you must follow tips for healthy heart lifestyle every day of your life to avoid heart attack.
Tips to prevent heart attack
Experts across the world have stressed upon the need to lead a healthy lifestyle consistently rather than keeping short-term weight loss goals with fad diets and excessive exercise. Here are some things you can do to avoid heart attack.
1. Avoid smoking
2. Reduce consumption of alcohol
3. Eat healthy foods which are high on protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre, and low on refined carbohydrates, sugar and saturated fats.
4. Exercise everyday, even if it means just 30 minutes
5. Ensure quality and quantity of sleep
6. Keep stress at a distance
7. Keep a tab on your health levels such as cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar and your weight.
8. Go for regular checkups as an early detection of a problem can go a long way in saving your life!