Benefits of doing chakki chalanasana
According to yoga guru Grand Master Akshar, chakki chalanasana offers a host of health benefits:
- Strengthens the abdominal organs;
- Improves the function of reproductive organs;
- Improves the function of the digestive system;
- Prevents back pain;
- Reduce abdominal fat;
- Relieves menstrual issues;
- Increases blood circulation.
But there are some contraindications as well
- Chakki chalanasana is not recommended for those suffering from severe back, hip, ankle and knee injuries.
- If you have had any recent surgery on your back or waist, or are suffering from any spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae, you should not do this asana.
- Avoid it if you are suffering from high or low blood pressure.
- Those who are suffering from severe headaches should avoid this asana.
- Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.