DIY OIL RECIPE THAT PUT A STOP TO HAIR LOSS
Tired of keeping my mane in a bun and afraid of going bald, I did what every millennial girl with problems does–I ran to my mommy. And what she suggested blew my mind!
Ever since my childhood, I have seen my mother use a strange black-hued oil on her hair. No points for guessing that this concoction was not only my mother’s best friend, but also the saviour for my lifeless locks.
So without further ado, presenting the DIY oil recipe that put a stop to all my hair woes.
2 tbsp henna
8 to 10 almonds
8 to 10 curry leaves
2 tbsp dried amla powder
150 ml coconut oil
150 ml mustard oil
10 ml onion juice
4 to 5 cloves of garlic
- Crush almonds, curry leaves, and garlic together.
- Heat a pan, and on medium flame add coconut and mustard oils. Now add the almonds, curry leaves, and garlic.
- Stir for 2 to 3 minutes and then mix in the henna powder, onion juice, and amla powder. Keeping stirring to avoid lumps.
- On low flame, simmer the concoction until it turns black.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve. Use some, and store the rest in an airtight bottle.
I apply the oil twice a week–keeping it for 25-30 minutes before washing it off with a gentle shampoo. Honestly, I could see a difference from the get-go. My hair was soft and shiny. And pretty soon, the hair fall slowed down too–until there was none.
Yes, the oil is a powerhouse of ingredients–but how does it really work?
Turns out that onion and garlic with their antibacterial properties promote healthy scalp and hair. Almonds add to the nourishment and lustre quotient. Moreover, amla–a touted hair oil ingredient–puts an end to thinning while curry leaves stimulate hair growth.
All in all, my bad hair days are on a permanent vacation and I am having an affair with luscious locks that are to die for. Do you also suffer from terrible, horrible hair fall? Well, give this remedy a try. And don’t forget to be a real sis–share this recipe with all your friends in need. Until next time!