Nature has numerous products that offer a myriad of benefits to your hair. Using these ingredients to customize and curate a DIY leave-in conditioner will help you target your specific hair problems sans the harmful chemicals and side effects. Therefore, here we will uncover several homemade recipes that you can easily formulate by assembling ingredients from your own kitchen.
However, one must remember that since these recipes contain all natural ingredients without any preservatives, they have a low shelf life. Therefore, it is advisable to prepare smaller batches of these recipes or prepare only as much as required to avoid wastage.
Table of Contents
1. Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Leave-in Conditioner
Both coconut oil and aloe vera gel have intense moisturizing capabilities. Along with this, these ingredients do not sit heavy on the hair and add extra shine and definition to your tresses .
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Start by mixing the 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a clean bowl until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add 5-10 drops of your preferred essential oil to the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean and empty spray bottle or a small container with a lid for easy application.
2. Honey And Olive Oil Leave-in Conditioner
Honey and olive oil are popular hair care ingredients that have emollient properties as well as restorative abilities for scalp issues like itching, dryness, or flaking. Lavender essential oil, although has an aesthetic contribution, is also known for its potential skin-soothing effects.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons each of honey and olive oil.
- Stir them together until they are well blended.
- Add 5 drops of lavender essential oil to the honey and olive oil mixture.
- Mix everything together to create a smooth and consistent mixture.
- To turn this mixture into a leave-in conditioner, add 1/2 cup of water and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Transfer the conditioner into a spray bottle for convenient application.
3. Shea Butter and Argan Oil Leave-in Conditioner
Shea butter and argan oil are lightweight moisturizing ingredients that are rich in fatty acids that strengthen, repair, and reduce frizz on the hair, adding a natural shine to it. Moreover, Shea butter has well-known UV protective effects that save your hair from sun damage.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
- 5-10 drops of your preferred essential oil
- In a heat-proof container, melt the shea butter using a double boiler method.
- Once the shea butter is melted, let it cool for a few minutes, but ensure it doesn’t solidify.
- Add the argan oil to the melted shea butter and mix them together until well combined.
- If desired, add 5-10 drops of your preferred essential oil to the mixture and stir.
- Allow the mixture to cool and thicken.
- Transfer the leave-in conditioner to a clean, airtight container, such as a pump bottle or jar.