GUIDE TO PERFORM CAMEL POSE WITH YOGA WHEEL
Here’s how to perform a full camel pose with a yoga wheel:
- Massage your spine with a yoga wheel first.
- Move to the hero pose now. Sit tall. Your shins must be to the outside of the thighs, and femurs parallel to one another.
- Align your knees to the hips and point the soles of the feet upwards.
- From here, wiggle the wheel underneath the low to mid-back. Keep your arms as they are or reach your hands back to hold the wheel.
- If your flexibility is deep, you may even be able to reach to hold the ankles. If you are feeling any pinching in the lower back, ease off of the grip and stay in the supported hero pose instead.
- After a reasonable length of time here, bring the hands to the shins as you slowly push your way up and out of the pose.
- Stay in this posture for a couple of breaths. Breathe out and slowly come back to the initial pose.
- After these deep backbends, be sure to close the practice with the child’s pose, and a reclined spinal twist before making your way into savasana.