The most special gifts are the ones that come in the moments your partner least expects. Always seek out occasions where a gift-giving love language idea strikes you. To get you started, we’ve put together a few of our favorite ideas to help you on a path to picking a perfect gift.
1. Memorize their coffee order: Before work in the morning, make a Starbucks run and surprise them when they wake up with their go-to latte.
2. Make a scrapbook: Organize a collection of your favorite moments and memories together.
3. Get them a custom star map: Works well for an important date, like your anniversary, their birthday, or the moment you first met.
4. Buy a gift card for a spa: If your partner has been having a stressful time lately, organize a full day of relaxing treatment. If that’s a little out of budget, surprise them with a home spa kit.
5. Make them a playlist: Put this together alongside a note that explains why you chose each song for them.
6. Sign them up for a monthly subscription box: This means that they’ll have a new gift to look forward to each month. Just make sure it’s something you know they’ll love and that suits their personality.
7. Give them a keepsake: This could be a collection of things from moments you’ve spent together, like an ornament filled with sea glass picked up during your walks on the beach
8. Pick them up for dinner: And head out to their favorite restaurant after work.
9. Pre-order a new book: Does your significant other have a favorite author? Pre-order their new book so they have it the first day it’s available. Bonus points if you order a signed copy!
10. Pick up supplies to encourage their hobby: For instance, if your significant other loves to crochet, buy them a big bag of yarn to use for their next project.
11. Order lunch: Have it sent straight to their office if they’re at work.
12. Pick up their favorite snack food: Whether you’re out at the store or on your way home, grab some of their favorite snacks to surprise them when you get home.
13. Buy classes for a business venture: Whether it’s an idea they want to try or a hobby they’ve always wanted to learn, this one will help to show your belief in them.
14. Send them a surprise box: Try a service like Goldbelly so they can get a box full of their favorite food.
15. Bring them their favorite flowers: Whether it’s a single rose or an extravagant bouquet, this is always a winner.
16. Give a themed gift box: Choose a theme that resonates with them, like their favorite movie or TV show.
17. Add a gift to an ongoing collection: Does your partner collect something, like snow globes or Beanie Babies? Look for one they don’t have yet and pick them up a new piece for their collection.
These ideas aren’t about money. You don’t need to show off how much you can spend to make someone with the gifts love language feel good. Whether you bought it or made it by hand, the point is that you did it because you were thinking of them.
It’s the Thought That Counts
Yes, it’s a cliché. But, the age-old phrase “It’s the thought that counts”, truly is the case here. The gift-giving love language is all about listening to your partner and picking out tangible items that you think would make them feel special for who they are.
Generosity is a key part of any good relationship. For someone whose love language is receiving gifts, the best thing you can do is get them something that only you would know to give them. That way, you’re really showing them just how much they mean to you.