Now, let’s see how you can do scissors abs with absolute perfection
The move is a fairly easy one and even beginners can do it without facing any trouble. So, here’s how can perform this move:
1. Lie down on your back and place your arms by the sides. Lift your legs at a 45-degree angle. Your legs should be pointed straight into the air above your hips. Keep your abs tight.
Tip: If you can’t hold the legs up, try placing your hands below the butt for support.
2. Now, you have to move your legs in the opposite direction, like you are making a giant V. Now, bring your legs towards each other and cross them over each other like you are making an X with them.
So, you have to bring each of your legs up over the other (making an X) alternatively.
Keep an idea of your risk of weight-related issues.
To make this more interesting and effective, you can lift up your upper body to increase the contraction and then do the scissors move with your legs.
You can also hold your legs for 10 to 15 seconds after doing the reps to maximise the impact of this exercise. This will help you burn more fat around the abdomen region.
Here are the number of reps and sets you need for this exercise to work:
- For beginners: You can skip lifting the upper body part as you are just kicking off your fitness regime. Doing 50 reps with both legs and 5 sets is enough.
- For intermediate: You guys can lift up your upper body to increase contraction. For you, we would suggest doing at least 100 reps with each leg and 5 sets.
- For advanced: Well, you all belong to a pro league. Therefore, anything between 150 to 200 reps and 5 sets can help you get those desired washboard abs.
Here are some common mistakes that you should avoid while doing scissors abs to make the most of this exercise:
- Don’t move your upper body.
- If you are lifting your upper body, keep your posture straight and look up towards the roof.
- Do it on a mat otherwise, you can end up with lower back pain.
- Speed is not the key here. So, feel the movement and the contraction.
- Don’t make small Vs because that won’t give you the results you want. Make a giant V and a proper X to get a toned belly.
- If you experience pain in the lower abdomen region, avoid doing it.
Roll that mat out and try this exercise to tone that lower belly.