Few Surgical options for Patient With fibroids
These are a few surgical treatments for a patient who is planning for future pregnancies:
1. Myomectomy is a surgical operation in which the fibroids are removed while the uterus is still in place. There are a few surgical methods to treat fibroids depending on the size, number, and location.
2. In Laparoscopy, small incisions are made in the abdomen through which a scope is inserted to remove the fibroids.
3. In hysteroscopy, a scope cuts away the fibroids which are inserted through the vagina and cervix into the uterus.
4. Open incisions like laparotomy where the incision is made in the abdomen can all be used to remove the fibroids.
In cases where the individual does not consider future pregnancies, a few surgical measures that can help treat fibroids effectively are:
1. Uterine fibroid embolization: UFE is a minimally invasive therapy that includes obstructing the blood vessels that the fibroids use to receive minuscule particles, which causes the fibroids to contract and eventually die.
2. Hysterectomy: Hysterectomy is a surgical process in which the entire uterus is removed. This is the most effective method of treating uterine fibroids, and it is frequently suggested to women who no longer want to become pregnant.