Table of Contents
What is fertility meditation?
Throughout the course of therapy, fertility treatment can be stressful and emotionally taxing and can be overwhelming. Such feelings are addressed more in clinical and psychological counselling, but people also need to take care of them. Mindful meditation with a focus on fertility is one of the best and proven ways for managing these feelings. Fertility meditation enhances quality of life by enhancing coping skills, soothing the mind, reducing stress and anxiety, and more.
How to perform fertility meditation:
Crasta says, “Fertility meditation helps in getting rid of negative thoughts and helps you attract positive thinking. Fertility specific meditation helps them eliminate negative thoughts through affirmations, which in turn evoke positive reactions. Positive affirmations help couples build the mental strength required while dealing with fertility issues.”
Step by step guide to perform fertility meditation:
1. Find a suitable, calm place and sit in a comfortable position.
2. Play soothing music in the background (if you need) which will help you in practicing meditation by calming down your mind and body.
3. Gently close your eyes and keep your hands in a comfortable position.
4. Slowly perform deep inhaling and exhaling. As you continue to do that, release all stress and worry while you exhale. Do this for at least 5-6 minutes.
5. Once you are relaxed after breathing exercise start with the positive affirmations that will help you visualize your future with your child (keep the eyes closed).
Some positive affirmations can be:
“I am good, and I am worthy”
“I am taking care of my body and mind in order to welcome my baby”
“My body is meant to conceive”
“I am ready to get pregnant”
“I am preparing my body for pregnancy”
“My body is open to start a new life”
“I have the time, resources and positive mind to welcome new life”
6. You need to feel the positive affirmations during mindful meditation(the positive affirmation should come from the subconscious mind).
7. Repeat the positive affirmation (can do it up to 10 minutes)
8.bOnce you complete them, rub your hands and put it on your eyes and open them.
9. This is the best relaxation exercise out there and 15-20 minutes, daily session can do wonders for beginners.