Here’s how Shilpa wants you to actually do the boat pose
1. Lie down on your back.
2. Flex your stomach and lift your upper body and legs to a 45-degree angle from the ground. Hold the pose for 10 breaths (or what is comfortable for you).
3. Now bend your knees and try to hold your toe.
4. Now again stretch your legs in the front while holding your toe. Now you will see that you will be able to make a perfect V using your upper and lower body.
5. Hold this pose for 10 deep breaths or as long as you can.
6. Now again bend your knees and leave your toes.
7. Now again make a 45-degree angle from the ground with your upper and lower body. And after holding it for 10 deep breaths, relax and lie down on the mat comfortably.
8. Now that’s your one hold. You can do this five times to get a curvalicious body just like Shilpa.
Some really essential tips that will help you avoid some silly mistakes which can wreck your boat pose
1. Not flexing your core won’t get you any results. Watch how Shilpa is doing it.
2. You must engage your toes by flexing them towards the front.
3. Don’t hunch your back. Keep it straight.
4. You need to lift your chest as well.
5. Don’t bend your knees. Stretch them as much as you can.
6. Try to hold as long as you can because the more you hold better results you will fetch.
7. Focus on making a proper V. Better V means more weight loss.
8. Do it on a proper mat otherwise you might get a sore butt.
So watch Shilpa doing this video when you perform this pose by yourself and we are sure that you will be able to do the boat pose and find it be a cakewalk.