Do fibroids cause infertility issues in women?
It is unknown what produces fibroids. However, they have been connected to family history. Being overweight or being over the age of 30 could increase the risk of developing fibroids. It can impair fertility in numerous ways:
- The amount of sperm that may enter the uterus might be affected by changes in the shape of the cervix.
- The migration of the sperm or embryo might be hampered by changes in the shape of the uterus.
- Fibroids can obstruct the fallopian tubes.
- They can have an effect on the size of the uterine cavity lining.
- Blood flow to the uterine cavity may be compromised. This can reduce an embryo’s capacity to stick (implant) to the uterine wall or grow.