Table of Contents
YOGA POSES TO BEAT EATING DISORDERS
Here are the yoga poses to beat eating disorders:
* Kneel down with your pelvis lifted.
* Place your palms on your heels, and keep your arms straight.
* Inhale and push your pelvis forward.
* Bend backward.
* Stay for a couple of breaths
* Lie on your back and use your lower abdominal muscles to lift your legs up.
* You can use momentum to lift the pelvis up, and support your lower back with your palms, as required.
* Try to align your shoulder, torso, pelvis, legs, and feet.
* Focus your gaze towards your feet.
A word of caution: Do NOT perform this asana, if you have wrist, neck, or shoulder issues. Women must not do this asana during menstruation or pregnancy. Practitioners who suffer from enlarged thyroid, liver or spleen, cervical spondylitis, slipped disc and high blood pressure, or other heart ailments are advised to avoid this asana.
* Stand in Tadasana position.
* Exhale as you start to bend forward.
* Bring your fingertips or palms on the floor.
* Bend your knees slightly if you have tight hamstrings.
* Sit with legs stretched out, inhale and lift your arms up.
* Keep your back straight.
* Exhale and fold forward to place your upper body on your lower body.