Table of Contents
Exercise for weak knees
Some exercises that an individual can perform to maintain knee health:
1. Quadriceps static exercise
- Sit upright on the bed and keep your legs straight.
- Roll a small towel and keep it below your knee.
- Slowly press down your knee over the towel, you will feel some tightness near your knees. Count to 10 while pressing the knee over the towel.
- Repeat it 10-20 times every 6- 8 hours for both knees.
2. Quadriceps dynamic exercise
- Sit on a chair with your knee bent 90 degrees.
- Straighten the knee fully with a neutral ankle and the 1st toe towards the ceiling.
- Lock the knee and count till 5. Then return to the start position.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions each 2 times a day.
3. Hamstring curls
- Stand straight and take support from one side by placing your hand on a table or an elevated surface.
- Bend one leg behind and lift it to a 90 degree angle.
- Hold it up for a few seconds and then slowly bring it back down.
- Do this 3–5 times for each leg.
4. Lifting your leg exercise
- Lie on your back and keep your hands to the side.
- Keep one of your legs bent with your foot touching the ground and the other leg straight.
- Lift the straight leg without moving the other leg and hands. Try to lift it as much. as you can and ensure that it’s not higher than the bent knee of the other leg.
- Hold it in the lifted position for a few seconds, and then slowly bring it back down.
- Repeat 2–3 times for both legs.