When it comes to acts of service love language ideas, knowing where to start isn’t always easy. The important thing to remember is that it’s not about the size or scale of the gesture, but the meaningfulness and thought behind it.
To help get you started, we’ve put together a list of 17 of our favorite acts of service examples. Check these out below!
1. Serve them breakfast in bed
2. Let them sleep in while you make the kids breakfast and get them ready for school
3. Spontaneously take them out for dinner after they’ve had a long day at work
4. Look after them when they’re sick
5. Send them a romantic goodnight text
6. Hold doors open for them
7. Take charge of and complete a household task that they haven’t had time to finish yet
8. Make them a special lunch when they’ve got a busy day ahead
9. Show genuine interest in a new hobby they’ve just taken up
10. Set them up with a cozy Friday night-in with snacks and romantic netflix movie
11. Take out the trash
12. Pick the kids up from school when they’re having a stressful day at work
13. Surprise them with a romantic, home-cooked dinner
14. Plan a vacation for you to go on together
15. Pickup their favorite snack or sweat treat on your way home
16. Pack away their clothes and suitcase after they’ve been on a work trip
17. Buy them something that you know they’ve wanted for a long time
Understanding the Acts of Service Love Language
You and your partner have the same primary love language, but, likely, you don’t. So, if your partner relates to the acts of service love language, take time to understand this, even when it doesn’t come naturally to you. This is what relationships are all about. Learning to communicate effectively even when you’re coming from different perspectives.
And don’t forget, you can use love languages outside of relationships. Ask your friends, family, kids, and coworkers to complete the quiz so you can give love to each other in more meaningful ways.