Now that you know, let’s learn to do the bow pose the right way
Also, listen to the audio instructions for the asana here:
1. Lie down on your stomach with your hands alongside your torso. Now slowly with an exhale, bend your knees and try to bring your heels as close as you can to your buttocks.
2. Extend your hands back and hold on to your ankles. The trick here is that you should keep your knees hip-width for the duration of the pose.
3. Inhale as you use the grip you have on your ankles to lift your upper body and lower body off the floor. Lift as much as your body allows and ensure that you stop if you feel any pain or stiffness.
Keep an idea of your risk of weight-related issues.
4. Now lift your heels away from your buttocks and, at the same time, lift your thighs away from the floor. Your head and chest will also be lifted up. And now gently turn your chin upwards.
5. Hold this pose as you breathe softly. You can stay in this pose for 20 to 30 seconds or as long as you can hold it.
6. Now with an exhale, release from the pose and relax for a few breaths. And repeat the pose once or twice more.
Woah! What a stretch! There is no denying that this one is a little hard to pull but trust us–the benefits are worth it. Listen to your body and practice this asana for weight loss and better posture.