Banish The Blues With This Pilates Meets HIIT Workouts
Here’s the workout routine:
1. Wide plié to relevé
M: Wide plié
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-distance apart, toes turned out, and lift your heels into releve.
- Bend at the knees, lowering your torso, keeping your back straight, and abs tight. Squeeze glutes and straighten legs to return to the starting position.
2. Plank opp arm and leg reach
M: All 4’s opp arm and leg reach
- Come into a plank position with your arms and legs straight, with your shoulders above your wrists.
- Raise your right arm up, as you simultaneously raise your left leg up off of the ground. Be sure not to rotate your hip or upper body. Hold for one second.
- Lower your right arm and left leg back to the starting position. That counts as one rep. Repeat with the left arm and right leg.
3. Side banana-crisscross-side banana
- Stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head.
- Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can.
- Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow.
- Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
4. Triceps dip + alt crab kick
M: Seated Triceps Dip
- Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together, and place your hands behind you.
- Lift your hips off the mat, kick your right leg up and touch your right foot with your left hand.
- Place your right foot on the mat, kick your left leg up and touch your left foot with your right hand.
- Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.