Table of Contents
Exercises to reduce side effects of bad posture
Thoracic extension exercise helps to open up the chest
Got a tight chest? Try out this exercise to open up your chest.
1. To do this exercise, sit on a bench or chair that is around the same height as your desk.
2. Place your hands behind your head then lean back and lift your chest up towards the ceiling. Hold this position for five to 10 seconds and then return to the starting position.
3. Repeat this exercise at least 10 times.
Thoracic rotation for spinal mobility
If you want your spine to be healthy, do thoracic rotation exercise as it helps with spinal mobility.
1. This also involves a bench or chair, which is around the same height as your desk. Then sit on it to do the exercise.
2. Place your hands behind your head. Then rotate your upper body to the left and hold the position for five to 10 seconds.
3. Return to the starting position and then rotate your upper body to the right for the same duration. Repeat this exercise 10 times for best results, suggested the expert.
Wall angels for upper back and shoulders
Many people pose in front of colourful wings painted on walls. This exercise is similar to that, it’s just that you will have to move your arms. According to the expert, wall angels are great for strengthening your upper back and shoulders.
1. Stand with your back against a wall like you do while getting clicked with angel wings.
2. Raise your arms up to shoulder height and press the back of your hands against the wall.
3. Slowly drag your arms up and down the wall while keeping your elbows straight. Make sure that your arms, head, and back stay in contact with the wall the entire time. Do 10 repetitions of wall angels.
Glute bridges to strengthen glutes
It is a great exercise for strengthening not just your glutes, but also hamstrings and lower back.
1. Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent.
2. Squeeze your glutes and lift your hips off the floor, and hold the position for five to 10 seconds.
3. Lower your hips back to the starting position then repeat this exercise 10 time