Table of Contents
Yoga for asthma
Here are some yoga asanas for asthma:
• Sit in a kneel down position.
• Inhale, bring your hands up, move your torso and pelvic region forward and take your hands behind your back or touch your heels.
• Exhale, slowly come down and relax.
• Lie down on your stomach while keeping your palms next to your chest.
• Inhale, slowly go up while expanding your chest and shoulders.
• Exhale and come down.
3. Setu Bandhasana
• Lie down on your back and then fold your legs.
• Keep your hands on the ground. Inhale and lift your chest and hips up.
• Hold the pose for 10 seconds, then exhale and slowly come down.
The expert says that all these asanas stretch your chest, shoulders and abdominal area muscles. They not only help to improve lung capacity, but also reduce back pain, rejuvenate your heart, uplift your mood and reduce stress.