Table of Contents
TRIGGERS AND BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR ASTHMA
Triggers for Asthma
Here are some of the environmental and lifestyle triggers for asthma.
- Severe air pollution which leads to poor air quality
- Smoking cigarettes
- Industrial dust
- Cold air
- Pollen and allergies are some of the most common triggers for asthma.
- It is especially risky for children to contract asthma as they have smaller airways than adults.
Grand Master Akshar, yoga master, spiritual guru, and lifestyle coach, spoke to Health Shots about certain effective yoga poses for asthma patients.
Yoga for lung health
Yoga is a holistic solution to take care of your lungs. It can also aid in terms of better recovery and management of asthma. Yoga is also an extremely valuable practice to decrease the symptoms of asthma.
Akshar says, “Poses like Baddha Konasana, Halasana, Janu Sirsasana, Bakasana can be made a part of your routine. You can also include pranayama techniques such as Bhastrika pranayama, Anulom Vilom pranayama, Khand Pranayama and Kapal Bhati.”
Benefits of yoga for asthma patients
- Practicing yoga increases the oxygen capacity of your lungs.
- It also clears your airways and nasal passages.
- It allows for the healing of respiratory issues like asthma, bronchitis etc.
- It speeds up recovery, and even helps in prevention of respiratory related issues.
- The ideal time to practice yoga is early in the morning on an empty stomach.