RECENT YOGA POSES FOR HEALTHY LUNGS
Here are Yoga asanas for healthy lungs:
1. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- Kneel on the yoga mat and place your hands on the hips.
- Simultaneously, arch your back and slide your palms over your feet till the arms are straight.
- Do not strain or flex your neck but keep it in a neutral position.
- Stay in this posture for a couple of breaths.
- Breathe out and slowly come back to the initial pose. Withdraw your hands and bring them back to your hips as you straighten up.
2. Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
- Lie down on your back
- Fold your legs at your knees and ensure that your feet are placed firmly on the floor
- Bend your arms at the elbows with your palms facing the sky. Rotate your arms at the shoulders and place your palms on the floor on either side beside your head
- Inhale, put pressure on your palms and legs and lift your entire body up to form an arch
- Relax your neck and allow your head to fall gently behind
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Lie down flat on your stomach with palms placed under your shoulders
- Keep your feet together, with toes on the ground
- Inhale completely (Purak), hold your breath (Kumbakh) and then lift your head, shoulders and torso up at a 30-degree angle
- Ensure that your navel remains on the floor, your shoulders are broad and head slightly raised upwards
- Pressure on your toes– This activates the Sun (Right) and Moon (Left) channels which are connected to your lower back
- Hold the posture for 10 seconds
- Slowly bring your torso down and then exhale breath (Rechak) – This breathing technique is therapeutic