YOGA EXERCISES TO HELP YOU ABSORB NUTRITION
The following 6 yoga postures can prove to be extremely beneficial.
- Stand tall with big toes touching and heels together.
- Draw in your abdominals and relax your shoulders down and back.
- Breathe 5-8 breaths while actively engaging your leg muscles.
- It’s a great pose for seniors to keep their postures tall and strong.
- Keeps the feet healthy.
Hakini Mudra in Vajrasana – Thunderbolt pose
- Kneel down and rest your pelvis on your heels
- Keep your heels slightly apart from each other
- To practice this gesture, first bring the palms to face one another a few inches apart. Bring the fingertips and thumbs of both hands together, allowing them to maintain light contact. The hands can then be raised to the level of the third-eye chakra, in the center of the forehead.
Santolanasana – Plank Pose
- Lie on your stomach
- Place your palms under your shoulders and lift your upper body, pelvis and knees up
- Use your toes to grip the floor and keep the knees straight
- Ensure that your knees, pelvis and spine are aligned
- Your wrists must be placed exactly below your shoulders with your arms kept straight
Ashtanga Pranamasana – Eight-limbed bow pose
- From Santholanasana, drop your knees to the floor.
- Lower your chest and place it in-between your palms
- Only your toes, knees, palms, chest and shoulders touch the floor
- Tuck your elbows inwards and point them up
- Ensure that your pelvis and stomach is off the floor
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
- Lie down flat on your stomach with palms placed under your shoulders
- Keep your feet together, with toes on the ground
- Inhale and then lift your head, shoulders and torso up at a 30 degree angle
- Ensure that your navel remains on the floor, your shoulders are broad and head slightly raised upwards