YOGA TECHNIQUES TO KEEP YOUR ANXIETY IN CHECK
The five asanas involved are:
1. Samasthithi: Softly inhale and exhale naturally while reaffirming yourself by saying, “I am a part of this existence, and I exist eternally in the past, present and the future.”
2. Pranam: Stand straight with your eyes closed, joining your palms in front of your chest while inhaling deeply. Gently bow down and exhale. Hold this position for a minute and get back up. This is just a yogic way of “bowing down to the universe and seeking all its blessings”.
3. Pukar Stithi: This is basically a prayer asking the universe for energy and knowledge. All you’ve got to do is to stand straight with your eyes closed, stretch your arms upwards, spread them at a 45-degree angle, and turn your palms inward. Inhale as you raise your arms up and then, continue to inhale and exhale as you normally would.
4. Prapti Stithi: Stand straight with your eyes closed. Stretch your arms out in front of your chest turning your palms upward in the shape of a cup or a container while inhaling and exhaling normally. Hold this position for a minute and get back to the standing position.
5. Kritagyata: This position is all about offering your gratitude for what you have. So, stand straight with your eyes closed. Place your palms on your heart. Inhale as you raise your arms up and continue the natural-breathing pattern as you hold this position for a minute.