Here are 5 phrases on body positivity from some of the most influential women that you can keep handy to stay positive:
1. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But, different is good.” — Serena Williams
2. “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does that—even the people that I consider flawless—then you can start to live with the way you are.” — Taylor Swift
3. “I have always maintained that it is important for women to embrace their curves, flaws, cellulite and even stretch marks. Most importantly, they must love themselves the way they are.” – Malaika Arora
4. “Weight used to be an issue; I was always fat as a child. Everyone used to tell me, you’ve got such a pretty face, why don’t you lose some weight? Over the years, I’ve realized that my body is of a certain type, and I have learned to accept it.” – Vidya Balan
5. “I want all the girls without an exception to have that space for themselves where they have ample opportunities to be the women they wish to be.” – Priyanka Chopra
Ladies, society will always have an opinion on how you look. You have to look past these opinions to emerge as a winner and learn to love yourself while you’re at it!