5 Healthy Ways On How to do ice water face dip In 2023
To perform an ice water face dip, follow these steps:
1. Prepare the materials: Fill a basin or a bowl with cold water. You can add ice cubes to make the water colder, but make sure not to make it too icy. You want the water to be comfortably cold but not painfully freezing.
2. Cleanse your face: Start with a clean face. Remove any makeup or dirt by washing your face with a gentle cleanser and patting it dry.
3. Submerge your face: Carefully dip your face into the cold water, ensuring that your entire face is submerged. You can choose to immerse your entire face or focus on specific areas such as cheeks, forehead, or chin.
4. Hold for a short duration: Hold your face in the water for about 10 to 30 seconds at a time and repeat 4-5 times. If you feel like you are getting a brain freeze or a headache then stop immediately. Also avoid this practice in cold winter months.
5. Pat dry: After the dip, gently lift your face out of the water and pat it dry with a soft towel. Avoid rubbing the towel against your skin, as this can cause irritation.
“If you have pre-existing skin conditions such as acne, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), or rosacea, it is advisable to consult with a dermatologist before incorporating ice water facials into your routine,” advises Dr Aderao. Additionally, individuals with sensitive skin should approach this practice with caution, as the cold temperature may exacerbate sensitivity and cause discomfort.
So, if you’re ready to take the plunge, the refreshing world of ice water facials awaits, promising a revitalised and radiant complexion!