EFFECTIVE EXERCISES TO IMPROVE SHOULDER MOBILITY
Let’s have a look at Effective physical exercises for improving shoulder mobility:
1. Cross arm stretch
- Cross your straight right arm across your chest.
- Use your left hand to gently pull the right upper arm closer to your body.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds, and relax. Repeat on the other side.
2. Low back handclasp
- Bring hands behind your back, with thumbs toward the ground, and clasp them together, touching palm-to-palm.
- Your hands should be even with your low back.
- Slightly arch the upper back, opening the chest and allowing the shoulder blades to gently come together.
- Hold for 10 seconds, then reverse the clasp (if your left thumb was on the outside of your clasp, change so that your right thumb is on the outside).
3. Shoulder rolls
- Stand tall with a straight spine.
Note: You can also do this exercise by maintaining a good posture while sitting.
- Roll your shoulders up, back, and down.
- Do this movement 10 times.
- Roll your shoulders up, forward, and down 10 times.
4. Pendulum stretch
- Circle your arms in one direction for 10 reps and reverse the circle.
- Let your arm hang loose, support the other hand and circle the arm in one direction for 10 reps. Reverse the circle.
- Now, switch sides.
5. Cow face pose
- Sit on the yoga mat with your back straight and legs extended in front of you.
- Put your feet together and place your palms next to your hips.
- Bend your right leg and place the right feet under your left buttock.
- Stack your left knee over your right knee.
- Raise the left arm above your head, and bend the elbow. Simultaneously, bring the right arm behind your back and interlock both hands.
- Take deep breaths and stay as long as you are comfortable.
- Now, as you exhale, release your arms.
- Uncross your legs and repeat for the other leg.