EXERCISES TO HELP YOU COMBAT WITH MENOPAUSAL SYMPTOMS IN 2023
Here are some exercises suggested by Yasmin:
1. Moving squat with dumbell, 10 reps each
- Stand with feet hip, or shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a medium to heavy dumbbell or a kettlebell in front of the chest. Keep the shoulders and neck relaxed.
- Bend the knees and lower into a squat. Stop when your knees are at 90-degree angles or before you lose the natural arch of your back.
- Move from side to side.
- At the bottom of the movement, make sure you take your hips back, as though you’re about to sit on a chair.
- Contract the glutes and legs while stabilizing your body with a strong torso.
2. Chest press + flys with dumbbell
- Lie flat on your back on a yoga mat or incline bench. Place your feet firmly on the floor on either side of the bench.
- Gently pick dumbbells, and hold one in each hand.
- Lift arms up above the head so they’re extended but not locked out.
- Inhale and slowly lower dumbbells in an arc motion until they’re in line with the chest. Your arms will be extended to the sides but not locked out.
- Exhale and slowly press the dumbbells up in the same arc motion.
3. Renegade row, 10 reps each
- Grab a pair of dumbbells of a weight that’s comfortable for you.
- Get into a press-up position with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Brace the body, then raise one of the dumbbells, supporting yourself on the other arm.
- Row the weight upward, until your upper arm is slightly higher than your torso. Lower it back down to the ground.
- You can either do one side all at once, or alternate.
4. Side plank dip, 10 reps each
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight and feet stacked on top of each other.
- Place your right elbow under your right shoulder with your forearm pointing away from you and your hand balled into a fist.
- With your neck neutral, breathe out and brace your core.
- Lift your hips off the mat so that you’re supporting your weight on your elbow and the side of your right foot.
- Hold this position for the duration of the exercise.
- Repeat on your left side.