YOGA ASANA FOR BIG BODIED
1. Cat and cow asanas (marjaryasana and bitilasana)
Marjaryasana/bitilasana or the cat/cow pose is a fusion of two stretches that warms up the spine. It has the following benefits for big-bodied women:
- It increases flexibility
- Relieves menstrual pain
- It strengthens the spine
- It stretches the hips, abdomen, and back
- Massages and stimulates organs in the belly
2. Triangle posture (trikonasana)
This posture opens up the fourteen major joints of the body. It maintains a perfect harmonious balance giving the body a perfect toning and strengthening.
- It stimulates and improve the function of blood through the entire body.
- Strengthens and stretches the hips, back, arms, thighs, and leg.
- Reduces blood pressure, stress, and anxiety.
- Cure indigestion.
- Gives flexibility to groins, hamstrings, and hips.
- Calms the mind.
- Stimulate the function of the kidney.
- Helps to tone stomach and thighs.
- Improves balance and increases concentration.
3. Camel pose (ustrasana)
This posture opens up the hips and squeezes the butt. It also gives a proper toning. Some of its other benefits includes:
- Reduces fat on thighs
- Opens up the hips, stretching deep hip flexors
- Stretches and strengthens the shoulders and back
- Expands the abdominal region, improving digestion and elimination of waste
- Improves posture
- Opens the chest, improving respiration
- Loosens up the vertebrae
- Relieves lower back pain
- Helps to heal and balance the chakras
- Strengthens thighs and arms
- Improves Flexibility, especially in the spine
- Stimulates endocrine glands
- Releases tension in the ovaries
- Stretches the ankles, thighs, groin, abdomen, chest, and throat
- Cures constipation
- Tones organs in the abdomen, pelvis, and neck area
- Compliments overall health and well-being