Here are tips for 3 pre-wedding workouts, recommended by Karachiwala:
Kneeling Squat + Thrust
Karachiwala shows a modified form of kneeling squats which includes thrust as well. This exercise is super easy and can be performed anywhere – and is especially great to be included in your list of pre-wedding workouts.
Benefits of kneeling squats and thrust:
- Builds lower-body strength
- Great for strengthening the glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps
- A great core strengthening exercise that can be performed anywhere
- Versatile and can be performed with bodyweight, dumbbells, barbells, and resistance bands
- Activates the glutes without having to perform larger hip thrusting movements
- Develops, power, strength, and stability
- Strengthens the lower back and stabilizer muscles
- Improves posture and reduces pain
- Improves bone density
- Eases daily activitiesCheck out the video here:
2. Narrow Squat + Front & Back Kick
Karachiwala suggests the “kick front and back!”
- Stand with your feet close together
- Lower into a squat
- Stand while lifting a bent knee up, then backwards and extending straight
- Return to the starting position and alternate legs after each squat.
- It can help improve squat strength from the bottom of the squat
- It can help fix a good morning style squat
- It can help minimize hip shifts and asymmetries
- It can correct imbalances.
3. Decline Hydrant + Straight Kickback
The expert suggests you perform this exercise for 45 seconds with 3 repetitions.
- Begin on all fours and lift your right leg to your side at a 90 degree angle. Pause, kick your legs to the side and then lower it to start position. After the first set, repeat but with smaller pulses.
- Extend the same leg out in line and parallel to the ground, lift it upwards before crossing it over your left leg and bringing it to the side and then lowering it down.
- Return leg so it’s straight out behind.
- Strengthens and tones your glutes and core
- They will also improve the way your hips move
- This can reduce back pain, help your posture, and make everyday movement more comfortable.