Table of Contents
3 Partner Exercises You Can Try With Your Father
1. Cat Pose
This pose gently massages the spine and increases mobility while stretching the back and neck.
- To come into the pose begin with sitting on the yoga mat, facing each other.
- Now come to all fours, with your heads almost touching.
- Extend your right leg out behind you, flex your foot and look forward.
- Place your left hand on your dad’s shoulder to counterbalance.
- Your dad will extend their left leg and put their right hand on your shoulder.
- Hold the pose for a few breaths and then signal to each other to come out of the pose together.
- Repeat on the other side.
- For this, sit in an L position facing your workout partner.
- You could either press your flexed feet together, or one person could bring their feet inside the other’s legs.
- Reach forward and take each other’s hands.
- To begin the seesaw, you can lean back, bringing your father forward. After this, your father will lean back, bringing you forward.
- Each of you can take turns leaning back and then bending forward to create the seesaw.
- Try this back-and-forth movement a few times.
3. Warrior pose
This pose stretches your hips, groin and shoulders while helping open your chest and lungs. It builds stamina and concentration.
- To begin, stand next to each other with your back touching so that one of you is facing forward while the other is facing backwards.
- Step your left foot back, placing the foot so that it is angled slightly outward.
- Take your arms up parallel to the ground, bend your front knee, and look forward.
- Take your right hand to reach for your father’s left hand, while wrapping your left hand back behind you and reaching for your dad’s right hand.
- Take a few moments in this pose.
- Then switch sides and repeat the steps.