Table of Contents
Pranayama to control high BP or hypertension In 2023
In addition, those who have high blood pressure can benefit greatly from pranayama (yogic breathing exercises). It has long been understood that maintaining a regular exercise schedule and healthy eating routines lowers blood pressure.
For best results, perform anulom-vilom for at least 7 to 15 minutes.
How to do anulom-vilom
* Sit in a comfortable position.
* Keep your left hand on the left knee.
* Take your right hand towards your noise.
* Once you exhale, use your right thumb to close the right nostril.
* Now inhale via your left nostril, and close the left nostril with your fingers.
* Open the right nostril and exhale through this side.
Bhramari must be practiced for at least 5-7 minutes.
How to do Bhramari
* Sit comfortably in an asana of your choice.
* Shut your eyes gently and take deep breaths.
* Close your ear lids with your thumbs.
* Now put your index finger right above your eyebrows and the rest of your fingers over your eyes.
* Put gentle pressure to the sides of your nose·
* Focus on the center of your eyebrows.·
* While keeping your mouth closed, exhale slowly through your nose.
* Hum Om for the maximum benefits.
Shitali aids in blood purification. Additionally, it lowers blood pressure and relieves tension. Perform it 5–7 times.
How to do it
* Sit in a comfortable asana with your hands on your knees
* Close your eyes
* Now roll up the tongue, shaping it like a tube
* Try to inhale via the tongue
* Then take the tongue inside the mouth and close it
* Exhale via the nostrils