MAJOR YOGA POSES TO LOOSE BELLY FAT AND STRENGTHEN CORE
1. Kapal Bhati
In Sanskrit, ‘Kapal’ means skull and ‘bhati’ means ‘shining/illuminating’. Therefore, this kapalbhati pranayam is also known as “skull shining breathing technique”.
- Sit in a comfortable pose.
- Straighten your back and close your eyes.
- Place your palms on your knees facing up.
- Inhale normally and focus on exhaling with a short, rhythmic and forceful breath.
- You can use your stomach to forcefully expel all the air from the diaphragm and lungs by compressing it.
- Inhalation should happen automatically while you decompress your stomach.
- It strengthens and stimulates the digestive system and abdominal muscles.
- It strengthens the nasal passages and removes blockages in the chest.
- It promotes blood circulation.
- It improves the complexion of the skin and brings a glow on the face.
- It increases memory power.
- It gives mental clarity and helps overcome stress and depression
- It removes any extra fat from the body
2. Naukasana (boat pose)
Formation of the posture
- Lie down on your back.
- Lift up your upper and lower body to balance on your sitting bones.
- Your toes must be aligned with your eyes.
- Keep your knees and back straight.
- Keep your arms parallel to the ground and pointing forward.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Straighten your back.
- Inhale and exhale normally.
- It strengthens lower back, stomach and leg muscles.
- It improves the functioning of the digestive system.
- It tones the waist and promotes weight loss
- It removes gastrointestinal discomfort
- It eliminates lethargy.
- It builds the abdominal muscles.
- It stimulates circulatory, nervous and hormonal systems.
Inhale as you lift your body off the floor. Inhale and exhale normally if you hold the asana for too long.